[6pack] Clutch slave pushrod

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 06:55:16 MDT 2010

Vic,
Mine has the exact same problem, clutch release point almost on the floor.
It's at the shop now, tranny out, fixing the pin on the thing-a-ma-gig that
has the hollowered out hole, causing the angle of the 3 hole lever to be
wrong. I used to have about a dozen washers used as a shim to push the slave
cylinder out about an inch, but it still didn't really help much. I can concur
that using that top hole won't work for long either. I'm sure looking forward
to no longer having to switch it off to get it in 1st or Reverse.

Check out this site. Everything you ever wanted to know and even a description
of someone else who tried the dozen washer shim approach and even lengthened
the push rod.

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/clutch/ClutchHydraulics/Clutch_Hydra
ulics.htm

Sloane :)