[6pack] Brake MC Woes

Bruce Simms brucesimms2003 at yahoo.ca
Sun May 30 13:07:43 MDT 2010

Hmmm... Just did all this last week,  new cupro-nickel lines, new MC and
rebuilt booster. PDWA and unions cleaned and PDWA shuttle reset.   MC bench
bled as per  on-line Moss video.  Scary for a while as took a lot of pumping
on the bench to get fluid moving through the front brakes reservoir of MC .
I got a sore leg from all the pumping, but we have clean bubble free fluid at
all 4 corners.   Good firm pedal.

Had to re-use several old lines, as English
ebay obtained kit didn't seem to have all the front metric fittings.   Came
with a long one piece line that wasn't needed, - must be for some TR that has
a one piece front to back brake line.   My old lines looked okay once you
cleaned them up.

Bruce Simms
73 TR6