[6pack] DUAL WEBER 45 MCHH TRIUMPH CONVERSION KIT

Ted Schumacher tedtsimx at bright.net
Sat May 29 12:39:44 MDT 2010

All this carb talk made me go dig out the formula for needed.CFM.  But,
before that, stop and think of the reason Stromberg's were used here as
emission carbs.Even though you, supposedly, can adjust the carb,
adjustment is so small the the value is more psychological than usable.
The Stromberg is basically a non-adjustable carb which made it ideal for
the federally mandated emission laws."If you can't adjust it, you can't
defeat it" to get around the emission requirements.  At least SU's can
be adjusted, have a huge variety of needles and 4 easily changeable main
jets.  So, in the case of the Stromberg's. "if you can't tune 2, how do
you tune 3"?  Now, the formula. CFM = engine displacement x desired revs
divided by 3456.  So if you have 155 cid TR6 engine and want to make max
power at 6000 rpm, you need to flow 269 CFM of air. (155cid x 6000 =
930000.00 divided 3456.00 = 269.10).  Have a good Memorial Day. Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx at bright.net
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
108 S. Jefferson St.
Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
Fax: 419.384.3272 (24 Hrs.)
Phone: 800.543.6648 (US & Canada)
Tech/ Gen. Information/ Worldwide: 419.384.3022