[6pack] DUAL WEBER 45 MCHH TRIUMPH CONVERSION KIT

Wayne Lee wayne at motorcarriage.com
Fri May 28 12:59:44 MDT 2010

Bill wrote:
"I am of the opinion that for normal street  use almost all Triumphs are
over carbureted."

Yes, This can happen with Weber DCOE's and DellOrto's as well as any other
fixed Venturi /Choke Carb.
I've used them both on several Cars, Alfas came with the 40's and BMW's
(2002's) always were prescribed
45's. They were fine for the street but when You overstep that line, it's a
step backwards unless You have
the rest of the hardware to back them up.

   That's where the beauty of SU's come in to play. With a Constant
Depression,Constant Velocity or Variable Choke
Carb like an SU it will only take what it needs, the only inefficiency is if
You're running too rich a Needle and compromise
mileage etc. I have a pair of HS6's on my low compression 75 TR6 with ANSA,
Pertronix etc. and love them. On my
other Head that I have on the Bench now I'm going to run a pair of SU 2"
HS8's with 9.25 to 1 C/R, Mild Cam with
Roller Rockers having 1:65 ratio, along with a Header that will work with
the ANSA dual pipe setup.

  Overkill it might be, but it won't be "Over Carbed"
Cheers,
Wayne Lee
Douglas, MA
64 TR4