[6pack] Carb Damper piston issue

michael lunsford mblunsfordsr at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 12:50:19 MDT 2010

When I first started tinkering with the carbs on my car many years ago I had a
similar problem in which  a damper piston was binding.  It seemed that somehow
when I screwed the four screws on the top down the top wasn't seating exactly
straight.  I finally solved the problem by continually working the piston up
and down while tightening the screws.  I have not had this problem on any
of the many other carbs I have worked on since then so I'm not sure what
caused it that one time,  It could have been a carb needle as someone
suggested but once I got rid of the hang up it worked just fine.  YMMV.

Mike
Lunsford, 1970 TR6