[6pack] Moss SU Upgrade for TR6

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun May 23 15:49:56 MDT 2010

On Sunday, May 23, 2010 05:25:45 pm Alex wrote:
> Hello all,
> A friend of mine just bought a 1970 TR6 that has the Moss SU upgrade. There
> are two brass tubes (one ea carb) coming what appears to be out of the fuel
> bowls. They are open to the air with nothing attached.
>
> I was told they are over flow tubes and nothing needs to be attached. If
> you put your fingers over the opening of each tube, the car will stall
> out. It appears that they have a unction. If this is the case, I can only
> assume that at the very least there should be some kind of filter
> mechanism.
>
> Is anyone familiar with the Moss SU upgrade and what these tubes are for
> and how they should be set up?
>
> Side note - the car idles at about 1100, has a Pertonix coil and electronic
> ignition.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex Manzo
> 72 TR6
> 59 TR3A
Alex,

Funny thing, I just received a set of Hitachi SU carbs from Paltech  for my 72
TR6 project and Jeff describes those tubes as float overflow similar to what you
describe. I plan to connect them with tubing and a "Y" and route them to the
carbon canister gas tank vent tube. But it that causes a problem I will just
route the tube to air somewhere safe away from the manifolds.

Those tubes are not on my HS6s I use on my 63 TR4. There is an overflow but if
there is a float problem gas just comes out of the top of the float.

Bob