[6pack] Miss Off Idle

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Tue May 11 16:58:52 MDT 2010

	Mike:

While it could be many things, I can tell you that I had the EXACT same
symptoms. I tried EVERYTHING (or so I thought) to no avail. Mixture, timing,
dashpot oil, plug wires, plugs, etc had no effect. Lots of dead ends.

The bottom line, my dwell was waaay off, despite having what I thought was the
correct point gap. The spec is 34-38 degrees for 1974, mine was 12 degrees
when I checked it with a dwell meter. Oops.

Moral of the story: Check dwell with a meter, do not rely on point gap alone.
Too easy to screw it up (at least for me). I realize most of you (all of you?)
would never do anything this brain dead, but I was an abused child so it is
not my fault. I am a victim I tell you, a VICTIM!!!

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    http://www.triumphowners.com/832