[6pack] Oil pressure - how much is too much?

John North johncnorth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 19:31:04 MDT 2010

At cold start idle I am seeing 70# plus.   At 1500 rpm engine warm,
over 50#, close to 70# at highway speeds.   After I come off the
highway, full warmed,   I am seeing around 30.   Didn't used to be
this way but I did switch from 30 weight break in oil to 20/50 this
spring.   Have about 3000 miles on the engine now.   I am concerned
that I may not be getting enough flow...   If the pressure gets that
high maybe there's a blockage somewhere.

Should I be concerned...

John North