[6pack] carb problems

Mark Hooper mhooper at digiscreen.ca
Tue Jun 1 21:32:03 MDT 2010

And I found that adding a third Stromberg carb to my TR added 50% to the grin
factor when looking at the engine without significantly changing the
consumption. The shininess of the third K&N also added a belief in increased
low-rpm torque.

Seriously for a mo; I heard all sorts of terrible tales about ZS carbs and
cold starting, but never had a problem. I ran my TR6 through 4 Montreal
winters. Never an issue starting or running, even after a couple of days
sitting in a snowdrift. Lovely to hear it fire right up at -35 degrees.
Unfortunately the road salt got at it and the body fell off like Clouseau's
Silver Hornet... Still rebuilding from that 20 years later.

Mark
1972 TR6