[6pack] Mystery part

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 31 17:41:17 MDT 2010

Hi,

I posted this query to the 6-pack forum but no clear answers yet.

While unpacking the hardware for the trunk (boot), I came across a part that I
cannot figure out where it goes.

It is a thick shim of sorts. A 1.5 x 1.5 inch square with a "U" cut out of the
middle. Thickness is about 1/8 inch.

I posted a pic on the forum. Here is the link:

http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/37681/2163415140084399925S600x600Q85.jpg

I have since installed the trunk lid complete with the hook catch and lock
assembly and the stay. All work as expected. Lock opens and closes with ease
and fit and alignment is good. Stay operates as expected.

During the tear down process, I made sure when taking apart something that all
associated hardware was bagged and label. I am sure it goes with the boot but
where?

I have looked at the Bentley manual, TRF on-line, as well as Moss. Cannot find
the part.

I took a look at my "before" photos of the trunk area but I cannot see the
part. It looks just like my recent installation but a bit dirtier.

Anyone performing a restoration with the boot hardware available that could
check if they have this part?

This is a late 72.

Thanks,

Bob