[6pack] Classic Insurance....

Erik Sulcs aktifspeed at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 13:57:11 MDT 2010

Has anyone tried insuring their classic car with a classic car insurance
carrier, (Hagerty, Heacock, JC Taylor, etc...) having a spouse and only one
daily driver car that you both shared?  My TR6 lives in a locked storage
garage, never sees winter, is pretty well babied.  I don't use it as a daily
driver at all, (or even as a back-up driver as the storage garage is too far
away to be convenient) yet all of the insurance companies I've spoken to
require that my spouse and I *each* have a daily driver car.  This makes no
sense to me... I'm sure one of you insurance savvy folks out there have the
answer to that.  But in the meantime, do any of you have a similar car-usage
setup like mine and have classic car insurance?  If so, who did you use?  I
dread taking out the TR without agreed coverage.  The thought of someone
totalling it is bad enough without thinking I'll only get pennies on the
dollar from the existing insurance co. instead of what it's really worth if
the unthinkable happens...

Thanks for the input...

Erik S.