[6pack] alloy Wheel Question (Now Tire Sizes)

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Wed Jul 14 12:04:17 MDT 2010

	Craig:

	A couple of things may help here. Are your springs or shocks stiffer than
stock? Also, wheel offset will affect fender clearance as well. Heck, I
suppose the shape of the tire shoulder and number of miles on the tires
matters. If you changed any of those, then you may never see the problem.

	As I stated, it is a combination of factors that leads to the tire snagging
on the fender and resulting in bent sheet metal. In my case, it is 205/70-R15
Yokohama Avids and a totally stock suspension and wheels on my 1974-1/2 that
led to damaged sheet metal. Sigh. It happened when I backed out of my driveway
and had the wheels cramped to make the turn backing into the street. Front end
dropped over the lip of the driveway resulting in a barely perceptible bounce
and the tire snagged the sheet metal. Thinking about it, it will always happen
on the outside front in reverse, or the inside front when going forward.
Wheels must be cramped.

	Vance

      Vance Navarrette
    http://www.triumphowners.com/832