[6pack] Differential Carrier Bearing Cap Needed

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Wed Jul 14 08:14:52 MDT 2010

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 brian at asmoothmove.biz wrote:

> Dear List: On re-building my differential I discovered a cracked carrier
> bearing cap. Does anyone have a spare new/used cap that they would be
> willing to sell?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the caps are align bored to the case, so you
may have to do more than just try to bolt a new cap down.

I've always moved the caps with the case and if one is borken or lost I
move the guts to a different case that has the caps.

Let us know how you make out!

> If so, please contact me off-list.

Sorry - I thought this might be og general interest.

> Thanks!
>

> Brian

regards,
rml