[6pack] speedi-sleeve

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Thu Jul 8 12:35:05 MDT 2010

Steve---Sometimes there is another option to adding a speedi-sleeve. What we are buying with such a device is a fresh area  which can ride on a seal. Most grooves are as narrow as the lip of the seal that caused it. With the rear seal, one can move it forward or rearward enough in it's housing to pick up a "new" area on the crankshaft. Worth a look-see?

More thoughts...Be sure the engine is able to exhaust any crankcase pressure, so oil is not forced out at the seal areas.

Dick