[6pack] brake master reservoir

Glenn Franco gaf3 at charter.net
Tue Jul 6 07:12:46 MDT 2010

Colin
> *I have had the same issues with the TR6 Master cylinders. I have replaced the square cut seal, replaced with a larger O-ring seal, replaced the reservoir with a good used one, replaced with a new reservoir and the condition seems to repeat. Generaly the problem seems to re-appear with high underhood temps (running in hot weather).*

The only sure fix was a new Lucas/TRW master cylinder assembly that I
filled without hesitation with DOT 5.
TRW also voids the warranty on the DOT 3. In my past life we released
DOT 3 because of the relatively low cost and its ability to absorb
moisture (hygroscopic).
We hot tested the brake systems at the wet boiling point for performance.
Thats something Silicone brake fluid is not very good at.

Cut your time and your losses. Buy a new assembly. I got tired of
repainting the underhood area of the car.
Just my humble opinion
Glenn Franco