[6pack] brake master reservoir

Colin Thom colinthom at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 4 21:37:27 MDT 2010

Hi Gang,

I've discovered a brake fluid leak at the rear cylinder/reservoir seal. When
I rebuild the cylinder now that I've got it out, has anyone got any
suggestions about ways to improve this seal? It's a flat-faced seal and I'm
sure the next one will leak sooner instead of later, too.  Also, any
comments about filling the system with DOT 5 when I put it all back
together, though it's had DOT 3 until now?  A lister once told me (was it
you, Vance?) that they'd flushed out their DOT 3 and replaced it with DOT 5
without incident. I've got DOT 5 in the clutch system and have never had any
problems but the folks at Apple Hydraulics are firmly anti-DOT 5, so I
thought I'd throw it out there..

Thanks for your help,

Colin '75