[6pack] emissions plumbing

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Fri Jul 2 11:33:51 MDT 2010

	Jerry:

	Depends on your camshaft and other engine modifications. If your engine is
bone stock, then you do not need a restrictor there. If you are running a
larger than stock camshaft, the effect is identical to that of a vacuum leak -
rough idle, stalling, etc.
	I am running a 270 degree cam with 9.6:1 compression and B1AR needles in my
ZS carbs. I had to install a restrictor to get the idle to be decent since the
larger camshaft drops the manifold vacuum, and the engine will not tolerate
air in the mixing chambers nearly as well.

	Vance

      Vance Navarrette
    http://www.triumphowners.com/832