[6pack] TR6 Overdrive Controller

Dale O osternd at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 06:42:59 MST 2010

Hey Guys,

Hope Im not breaching any list etiquette here, but thought I'd introduce a
new overdrive controller to the 6-pack list to see if there's any interest -

A little history:  I'm a long time lurker on the list and own several Triumphs
and other Brit cars, some with overdrives.  I got tired of the usual
inadvertent OD engagement every time I drove my cars, and set out to design a
controller to alleviate the problem.  I've dedicated a lot of resources toward
this to get it right, and finally developed something that I'm happy with and
feel is worth sharing with the LBC community.

The details: The controller is a very small (less than 1 cu in) three wire
unit ( 2 bullet type connectors and a ground lug) and features two LEDs for
verification and troubleshooting.  Installation is straightforward and goes
between the transmission tunnel kidney pads.  The unit should work with all
overdrives, though right now I'm focusing on the TR250/TR6 A and J type.  The
controller works with existing components - no extra switches are required.
Operation of the overdrive is as before using the controller, but od is locked
from engagement whenever the transmission is shifted into neutral.  The
overdrive will not re-engage until transmission is shifted back into an
overdrive compatible gear ( 3rd or 4th - 2nd for A-type), and the overdrive
switch is cycled off then on (or just on if previously off). I'm currently
using this in my own TR6, and it makes a world of difference in the operation
of the overdrive - something the factory should have done from the beginning,
though the (practical) technology probably wasn't available at the time.

I've included some pictures of the controller at :
http://tinyurl.com/od-control

Any questions - please ask.  $45 plus shipping ($4.95  US).  Email at
od_cntl at hotmail.com - should also work with Paypal if you want to order -

Thanks for your time

Dale Osterndorf