[6pack] alternator issues

oliver sumton at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 26 13:09:36 MST 2009

Hi, all.

i'm in dallas, and my 72 TR6 and my son are in Tuscaloosa.  good for him; bad
for me :-(

anyway, the alternator on the car quit, and, being the well prepared Triumph
owner, i had stocked the car with a spare.  it lasted about 5 minutes.
admittedly there could be something else, but the car seems to run and drive
just fine otherwise.  he bought a new battery, and the car has been "fine"
ever since, except he's slowly losing charge!

i've found this info on swaps:
carparts.com has a 55 amp bosch for fiesta listed as 31107 and another listed
as 13107
autoparts warehouse has a bosch listed as part 1100111 Alternator 62amp - New
F4000-162140 which as pictured looks correct, but its amperage is 62 not 55

i'm looking for an upgrade alternator, preferrably drop in swap, including the
plug.  if he has to change the plug he can.  i'd like to order it off the web
and have it sent directly to him; he can do the swap.

thanks!