[6pack] Red lens?

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Wed Oct 21 08:37:00 MDT 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Dave wrote:

> Sloane;
>
> Can we assume you're referring to the rear side-marker lens?

Nope.

It's the reflector that goes between the amber light and the brake /
running light.

> If so, according to
> http://www.zeni.net/trf/TR6-250GC/149.php?s_wt=1280&s_ht=1024
> the left and right hand lenses are different (for some reason,
> the RH one costs more than the LH one)....
>
> The lens is held in place by two screws, no?

Nope... it's glued in. He's talking about the reflector that fits onto
part LU5458936/LU5458937

They fall out somewhat easily unless you stay on top of them. If they get
loose, pull em off and re-glue.  I use regular model cement.

I'm pretty sure you used to be able to get just the part that falls out,
but I do not think that is the case anymore.

> Dave
> '74-Six

regards,
rml