[6pack] electric or mechanical

Foster, Stan (HP IT) stan.foster at hp.com
Wed Oct 21 08:53:23 MDT 2009

John, you should be able to source a good used tach for under $50.

Re aux lighting, I think the early cars look better with the lamps above the
bumper, the later cars with lamps below the bumper. I bought some small Cibie
FOG lamps from a fellow club member a few years ago. These use H2 bulbs and
they are fantastic. These lamps mounted low really light up the road ahead and
don't seem to bother oncoming motorists.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/foster461/TR6/REDTR6/DSC_0007.jpg

Rear LED strip for an additional brake light is a good idea. We are seeing
more cars getting rear ended at intersections because people don't see them
though the other distractions (phone, texting, shaving, eating, reading,
poking at the GPS etc). I saw a nice thin LED strip that goes under a roll bar
the other day (thanks again Dennis)

http://www.jandlenterprise.com/products/brakelighter.htm

 If you have 10 mins to waste play this video and look for the Topaz TR6 with
the hardtop, it has one of these strips installed.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/foster461/NETFallTour2009/?action=view
&current=NET2009FallTourTake3.flv

Stan