[6pack] Where have all the platers gone?

David Friedlander forzion at maine.rr.com
Thu Oct 15 18:54:47 MDT 2009

Hey List!

Everyone loves a deep chrome shine and I've seen many fine examples
of excellent chrome work on all sorts of show cars. What I am having a hard
time locating is a reliable source of chrome plating (replating) for TR
bumpers,
(and assorted other parts) in the New England area. I have heard LOTS of
horror stories: Price gouging, lost parts, swapped parts, sketchy business
practices, looonnnggg lead times, etc.

So, can anyone recommend a good New-England-area chrome plating
house or is that a bit of an oxymoron, these days? Do I really HAVE to
ship my parts off to Canada?

Ever hopeful,

Dave Friedlander
'74 Six