[6pack] Suspension bushings

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Tue Oct 13 07:01:21 MDT 2009

Bill...... This isn't a big deal to do and I've covered it all in pictures
on my site (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/TrailingArmBushings.htm) This
will give you a nice step by step walk through. A couple of things: when you
remove your TA make sure you note and keep track of the number of shims
between the TA and the frame. Put them back exactly in the same combination
as you removed them. I also added grease fitting to the TA but I'm not sure
this is necessary but it can't hurt. I went with Goodpart's Nylatron and
have no trouble with any squeaking. I greased them per the instructions and
they nice and quiet.

The other thing you should do while you're working back there is to repair
all of the TA studs as some of them are probably stripped. It's very common
with the aluminum TA to have the threads strip. The easiest and best way to
fix them is to use Rick Patton's TA repair kit
(http://www.pattonmachine.com/TARepairJig.htm)  The kit ensures perfectly
true holes and threads and lets you choose between KeenSerts or Helicolis. I
was his test case for the kit (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/TAJig.htm) and
it worked perfectly.

Bob

Bob Danielson