[6pack] Lack of symmetry

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Mon Oct 12 09:23:00 MDT 2009

 	Kendall:

	It is very difficult to tell from the pictures, but the upper control arms
*SEEM* to be assembled correctly. That does not mean the bottom control arms
are assembled correctly since they are not visible in the photos. Also, it was
not possible to see if the upper fulcrum pin is oriented correctly (They can
be installed backwards).
	It is very clear to me that you have some sort of suspension issue, however.
The drivers side front tire clearly has a camber issue, so something major is
going on. I also noticed what seemed to be a difference in the location of the
suspension towers, based on their relative position to the inner fenders.
Whether this indicates a body problem or a suspension problem is not clear.
Based on the camber issue, I would say suspension, but more checking is
warranted.
	At this point I would take it to an alignment shop that has some experience
with LBCs, and ask them to check it out. Show them what you have found, and
ask them for a diagnosis. It will save a lot of time, and they have all the
various jigs and what not to tell you what needs to be fixed. If you are
lucky, an alignment is all it will need.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast