[6pack] [Fwd: Re: Different Toyota Brake upgrade???]

Hugh Barber tr6nut at verizon.net
Wed Nov 11 19:20:54 MST 2009

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:53:59 -0500
From: Hugh Barber <tr6nut at verizon.net>
To: Cregg Cowan <cregg.cowan at sri.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Different Toyota Brake upgrade???

Cregg,

That's the very kit I used.  The only change I made to the rallydesign
kit was that the rallydesign kit came with long cotter pins to hold the
pads in (rather than the pins that are used on our Girling calipers) and
I purchased some long(er) pins from Aircraft Spruce and used those
instead.  Don't know if it works on the "early" calipers.  I have a '73
and it worked fine.  The pertinent measurement is the spacing between
the bolts that hold both sides of the caliper together.

Hugh Barber
'73 TR6
Stafford, VA