[6pack] Tire Selection for 205/70/15

Steven Altomare altomare.steven at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:14:16 MDT 2009

If we want to be really particular about the tire sizes you also have to
consider the tolerances the manufacturers and the standards governing bodies
allow.  Depending on the size and standards organization
(TRA/ETRTO/FMVSS/Internal company standards), you may have as much as 20 mm
or so difference in diameter between different brands of the exact same size
tire.  20 mm comes out to about .78 inches.  I went to 205/70R15's and they
work just fine.  The speedo is off but I know how to adjust for it in my
head to get the right speed.

Steven