[6pack] speedo failure

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Mon Jun 22 22:40:58 MDT 2009

Take a short drive with the speedo cable disconnected from the speedo to see if the inner cable is turning. If not, be sure that the square end goes up into the drive at the tranny is seated. (You should feel it drop in, and the other end of the cable then won't turn).

The end that goes into the speedo shouldn't be longer than 3/8 inch. I wrapped the end of my cable tightly with masking tape and ground off the excess.