[6pack] Catalog fame for the TR250

Andrew Packard apackard68 at att.net
Sat Jun 20 10:28:45 MDT 2009

Back in the winter here in Northern California, a production company
from Utah contacted our local club, Triumph Travelers, looking for a
Triumph, specifically a TR4 or Spitfire, for a photo shoot.  I
responded with a couple pictures, they asked some questions about
which wheels I could use and does my backlight come off and they
agreed to use my car.  I was added to their insurance policy, they
sent me $500 on the Thursday before the Monday shoot and I was
committed at that time.  The shoot location was in Carmel Valley, CA
(inland from Carmel-by-the-Sea where Clint Eastwood was mayor) at a
country estate.  A club friend came along to see the production and
help with the car.   The shoot day was a light to medium steady rain
all day.  Here's a link to my behind the scene pics.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/adpackard/sets/72157619913582823/
    We took two scenes worth of shots and one pic was chosen from each
scene.  They provided lunch and we were out of there by 1:00.  I've
listed my car on a movie/tv site but no response from that source.
When I get the hard copies of the catalog, I'll have something nice to
put on the car wall in my home office.
Andy