[6pack] Petronix Info - Thanks to all

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Fri Jan 30 09:00:38 MST 2009

Hi,

Speaking of Pertronix... has anyone tried using the new Ignitor II?

I switched to the Ignitor on my street car some time ago (maybe two years
ago, I forget) but the one thing I don't like is that the dwell is fixed
at 35 degrees and I'm used to using 42 degrees for various reasons.

At any rate the P II literature that I've seen is sketchy regarding the
dewll angle for the newer unit, and before I plunk down another $100 or
so, I wanted to know if anyone has direct experience that they might
share.

I promise I'll "share", one way or the other (input from others or on my
own).

Still trying to decide - 13:1 motor, new cam in old motor, new cam and
1.65:1 roller rockers in old motor, carillo rods... there are so many
choices.

:-)

rml