[6pack] OD Inhibitor Switch

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Tue Jan 20 10:19:59 MST 2009

        Folks:

        Thanks for the tips. Here is what I have learned:

        Revington TR offers a kit which requires a momentary contact switch.
It looks like it consists of two relays, a socket, and instructions for
approximately 65 pounds UK. If you get the recommended switch, add 62 pounds,
for a total of 127 pounds or about $180 US.
        Racetorations UK offers a solid state kit, but they do not have the
details on their web site so I cannot determine the cost. I wonder if it might
be the same or nearly the same as the module that Rick Patton mentions below.
        John Williams has a wiring diagram in his book "How to improve the
TR6". It appears to be the wiring diagram for the Revington kit on a car with
the A type OD (since it shows a relay being used to engage the OD in addition
to the add on OD module).
        If anyone can help with details of the racetorations module, I would
appreciate it. In the meantime I have started sketching out a circuit. The
goal is to have it plug in with no cutting or splicing required, and to work
with the existing switch. It is a challenge due to the "no cutting or
splicing" requirement. I want to simply plug it in to the existing harness. A
guess would be that I can get the parts together and build it for 1/3 the
revington cost. We shall see.

        Cheers,

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette