[6pack] Overdrive controller

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Mon Jan 19 11:51:48 MST 2009

    Folks:

        Been thinking about a winter project for the TR6.

        The thing that keeps rattling around in my brain is the fact that I
always end up leaving the overdrive engaged when I want it disengaged (like
after coasting down an off ramp). When I pull away from the signal at the end
of the ramp, I invariably mutter a four letter word when I shift into 3rd as
the OD engages unexpectedly. You would think I would remember to flick the
column switch but it seems that I never do, adding to my anxiety about having
Alzheimer's.
        I was thinking about designing a black box that sees the inhibitor
switch open when I down shift, and then locks out the OD until I toggle the
column stalk again. In other words, the OD disengages and stays disengaged
until deliberately re-engaged.
        Before I start sketching out a circuit, does something like this
already exist? I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I am thinking that it must
plug into the existing wiring harness with no cutting or splicing, and be
easily installed in a hidden location. Of course it must work for both A and J
type ODs too.
        So, any pre-existing solutions out there? Please give me a hyperlink
if possible.

        Thanks,

        Vance

      Vance Navarrette