[6pack] Throttle shaft bushings

michael lunsford mblunsfordsr at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 08:42:36 MST 2009

After recieving several messages about my last posting (see below) I was
reminded that Buckeye Triumphs,
at http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/AccBearing/AccBearing.htm was the
source of the information I used for the bronze bushings I put in my car.  I
must also correct the cost since I think the bushings cost me about $1.50 each
instead of $1.00.  I did not use any clip to secure the bushing and the
friction fit has worked without any problems for over 5 years.  They took
about 10 minutes to install.

Mike

<<<Nice try to change the conversation Ashford.
About 6 or 8 years ago there was a thread on this list about brass throttle
shaft bushings.  I didn't research the list archives on this but I suspect
that it could be found easily.  Nevertheless the end result was that there are
brass bushings available very cheaply from some parts house that have the
correct inside and outside diameter for the throttle shaft.  These have a lip
on one end and can be installed in the same simple and quick way that someone
just described for their home made piece.  The cost for teh brass bushings was
minimal so I ordered 10.  I used two for my car and gave the remaining eight
out to club members.  No need to re-invent the wheel so to speak and there is
no way you can make them as cheaply from scratch.  After 5 years they still
work like new.
Now about the Garagemahal project!!

Mike Lunsford, 17970 TR 6 with Rick's TBI and fan elemination kit>>>>

he source of the initial