[6pack] Bushing.

johnehorton at yahoo.com johnehorton at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 19:45:06 MST 2009

OK girls,
I came home from my office and whittled out a set of the controversial bushing.  Here is my theory.  ALL existing "kits' (by the way, copies of each other) are hard to install and require dis assembly of the throttle linkage.  Mine, does not require taking ANYTHING apart. You pull the cotter pin out of the end of the shaft under the dash board,  then slide the new bushing into the hole and over the shaft.  Then slide the other bushing into the hole at the drivers side.

Assemble the shaft collar  loosely over the shaft and slide the other bushing into the hole the nylon bushing fell out of. Push the collar up to the bushing and position it to hold the entire assembly semi tight.  Then tighten the two allen screws.  Walla you are done. Total time about 10 minutes.

If anyone wants one, I might make a set. But I don't want to copy someone's  kit.  How long till someone wants to sell these?

John Horton

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of bush.JPG]