[6pack] Problem.

johnehorton at yahoo.com johnehorton at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 09:34:45 MST 2009

I think I might have come up with a solution for the dreaded loss of the accelerator rod bushings for the TR6 -TR250 series.  The problem is the nylon bushing after a period of time goes away.  This creates a real mess, in that replacing it is no small task.  The entire assembly has to be removed and a new bushing FORCED into the 5/8" opening, more often than not ruining the new bushing.  Then replace the assembly.

My fix consists of two aluminum bearings, and a shaft collar.  The throttle lever would hold one in place and the other is held by the collar. the shaft collar will position the entire shaft assembly.  All work with exception of the interior cotter pin and washer can be done from the under hood.  I will make two bushings and bring them to the brunch.  I should have the collars Monday.  The aluminum bearings will hold the shaft in place tightly and make the peddle more responsive.

John Horton.