[6pack] Crimping Bullet connectors

shawn loseke shawn.loseke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 11:24:42 MST 2009

What I recall, from several volleys from both sides of the argument, is that
the conditions for soldering need to be right. Some of the connectors
available don't take solder very well, if your wires have any oxidation (if
they are older) they won't take solder well either. The biggest mistake made
with crimping connectors is not using the correct tool, which makes all the
difference. I've had plenty of success with just crimping bullets, using the
right tool of course. Haven't had to solder yet, but if you feel you must,
or would just like to for your own piece of mind. Go for it.

Shawn
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Robert N. Clark <rclark at robertsonclark.com