[6pack] Windscreen paint

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 12 17:29:26 MST 2009

Hi,

What is the wisdom of the list for painting a windscreen?

I noted on the 6pack forum that one member painted the rear valence with
Dupont Satin black and it looks very nice. I think he used a rattle can.

I have cleaned and primed my windscreen frame and was wondering if it would be
ok to paint it with a rattle can. Would the finish hold up?

I noted that before I started the sanding of the windscreen some of the flat
black paint was worn off down to the grey primer.

I cant paint with anything other than a rattle can (in the cellar) until
warmer weather and would like to get the windscreen out of the way this
winter if I could.

Would a rattle can finish hold up or should a more durable finish be applied?
(with spay gun)

Anyone know where you can get Dupont Satin Black in a rattle can?

Thanks,

Bob