[6pack] Electric cooling fan: pusher or puller?

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Wed Jan 7 08:34:31 MST 2009

	Henri:

	Another lister straightened me out on this item. The fan is more efficient as
a puller for the reasons you mention. I forget the URL, but one of the big
electric fan vendors mentions on their web site that a puller will deliver
slightly better cooling. It seems like the difference may be on the order of
15%, but since I am one step away from adult diapers, I can hardly trust my
memory.
	You are correct, the mounting is much simpler on the TR6 if you go with a
pusher. I suppose upsizing your fan by 15% and using the pusher mounting would
keep things simple. BTW, speaking from experience, sweating a thermostat
fitting on your radiator is very easy so don't be afraid to give it a whirl. A
propane torch, plumbers solder and flux is all you need to do a professional
job. I put one on the mini, and it works great and looks professional. I
needed all the power I could get on the mini, and an electric fan is a great
way to free up a couple of hamsters to push the car instead of push air
around. Now if only they were horses instead of hamsters...<sigh>

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast