[6pack] Speedo Cable Trouble

Bob Rochlin r_rochlin at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 05:06:57 MDT 2009

It was unlikely, but when I had the same trouble( all parts worked
independently) it turned out that the case of my O/D unit was from an Austin
Healy 3000.  The only difference between the unit made for the TR6 and the A-H
300 is that the speedometer pinion from the TR6 seats too far out from the
drive gear on the O/D drive shaft when normally assembled into the A-H case. I
eventually set the pinion father into the overdrive body.  The set screw, that
would normally set into the counter bore on the speedometer pinion body now
sets on the body of the  speedometer pinion and all works well.Bob Rochlin'72
TR6

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsO1tSmxyZzcBpBdOUTuKcIE3a7a