[6pack] Speedo Cable Trouble

mjmullin at juno.com mjmullin at juno.com
Tue Aug 18 17:19:28 MDT 2009

Hi all:
Hate to dredge up an old topic, but there was a thread in June about speedo
cable troubles and the fact that maybe the inner cable stuck into the speedo
too much.  It's strange that all my pieces seem to work untill everything is
assembled (i.e., the cable spins when disconnected from the speedo while
driving, and I can spin the speedo with the cable and a drill....).   What
muddies the waters more is this all came about when I changed the OD angle
drive (the big gear fell out while driving one day).  My cable may be too
short, as the shoulder at the speedo end is 0.2 inch and that seems to be the
same depth as the square drive sits down in the speedo.
To the point - who's the preferred vendor for a speedo cable?
Thanks - Matt