[6pack] Fw: MILLING THE HEAD AND DECKING THE BLOCK

michael lunsford mblunsfordsr at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 9 13:24:56 MDT 2009

I don't know why this bounced the first time but I thought I would give it a
second try.

Mike

If John's calculations are correct and the contemplated
decking and milling results in a 9.5 compression ratio premium 93 octaine pump
gas will work just fine.  My setup calculates out to about 9.8/1 and I get by
just fine on 93 octaine premium without any octaine enhancing additives.
Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6

PS:  Information regarding John's decking and
milling questions should be all over the archives as I recall this
topic coming up several times in the past.  If I recall correctly (a big
question) the concensus was that decking was preferable to milling the head
because the head retained more of the designed in squish area that way.  Of
course I just took a bunch off of my head (the one on the car, I can't spare
any of my own) and it still seems to work fine.  YMMV.

<<<John:
I would do
some serious research on the fuel octane that you would require.
Then, I
would make sure that I was able to buy that required  high octane
fuel at a
local gas pump, so I could fuel up properly; and I mean without
using octane
boosters, chemical additives; mixing, and personal exposure to
some pretty
toxic chemicals>>>>>