[6pack] TR6 - Frozen rear brakes

Jeff Fetner fetnerj001 at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Apr 14 13:29:53 MDT 2009

Mike,

  I agree with Stan.  I've moved two TR6s that sat for a long time, and I
had to remove the tire, back the adjustor off, and finally tap the drum off
to get the rear wheels free.  The brake fluid turned to crud and froze the
shoes in position.  I wanted to actually see that the shoes were completely
free of the drums - otherwise they might heat up during the tow.
I ended up using a roll-back, but still had to free the drums to get the car
on the truck bed.

  You could use one of those trucks that lifts one end up and\/or uses
dollys under the wheels.

Jeff
3xTR6