[6pack] question about rear suspension

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Tue Sep 30 13:04:19 MDT 2008

Sloan---It's important that the rear trailing arm brackets are oriented correctly, to get the camber "even". With new springs already installed, we can assume that you are not up against a spring sag. Tthe new shocks should not come into play here.
A worn (inside) trailing arm bushing will allow the wheel to tilt in more at the top. A worn outer bushing will cause just the opposite.
A distance packing piece of the right thickness could correct the camber, but might also cause an uneven ride height, so it's good to premeasure both sides from fender lip to the ground before starting to change things.
R. Good sells adjustable brackets for the trailing arms that could go a long way into correcting this. For now, be sure that the "notches" on the t/a brackets are the same on both sides on each of the four brackets. (Sometimes you can get the result you want to flipping them around).
Use Brian Lanaway's chart, to save time.

Dick