[6pack] rear fenders

Robert N. Clark rclark at robertsonclark.com
Thu Sep 25 18:21:46 MDT 2008

Bob,

I have one (a fiberglas fender) on my 69 that I have installed
temporarily until I get around to doing the holy grail restoration.  I
also have a right rear fiberglas fender that is not installed.  I
acquired both and a front set along with my car and haven't had the time
to put them on ebay to sell.  They are a fair replacement for the
original and differ in look primarily at the leading edge where the fold
of the original steel is difficult to match.  Probably not an issue for
racers.  The other thing is that these have some surface cracks in the
gel coat and whether these would remain or reappear after a skim of
bondo is unknown. Can't say how well the Probodies product holds up.

On my six I had in high school, I had fiberglas front fender.  In one
incident, it was struck in the school parking lot.  With images of
shattered fiberglas in my mind as I exited the car to look, I was
pleasantly surprised to see that it had withstood the impact without
damage.

If I were investing a lot of money in a paint job, I would stick with
steel.

Bob Clark
'69 TR6

Hello,

Trying to locate a set of decent rear fenders for a 72.

Not having much luck and after removing the fenders on the project I can
see
why.

Has anyone installed fiberglass fenders like the ones offered by
http://www.prodbodies.com/index.html ?