[6pack] Silicone Fluid

Eric Henningsen ehenningsen at triad.rr.com
Tue Sep 23 18:32:23 MDT 2008

Looking for information on issues surrounding use of DOT 5 silicone fluid for
brakes and clutch. I have been running for 4 years since I rebuilt my TR6 and
only recently encountered some problems with my clutch binding during
engagement. I thought the clutch master might be at issue and found some light
scoring  in two places on the cylinder bore. When I spoke to British Parts NW
they indicated that use of silicone fluid voids the warranty on master
cylinders due to degradation of the aluminum body and poor lubrication
characteristics. What is the recommendation on this?

Eric
Carolina_Six
76 TR6