[6pack] Front spring removal

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Sep 22 13:08:47 MDT 2008

Derek,
You need a spring compressor to get the front ones out. Some guys have made
their own but, as I understand it, it isn't your "run of the mill" threaded
rod. Here's the one that Moss sells.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=57865&SortOrde
r=1

The easiest way is to get the car on jack stands and then use a bottle jack
or even a floor jack to compress the spring as much as you can. Remove the
shock.  Put the rod through the spring and tighten it down and then lower
the jack. Now you can easily and safely remove the spring. I'm working from
memory so if I forgot a step, I'm sure someone will set us both straight.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed & Nissan LSD