[6pack] New Engine AUTOpsy

Dombey, John R. JOHN.R.DOMBEY at saic.com
Tue Sep 9 11:29:14 MDT 2008

Kendall,

My recollection from my rebuild is that a fully built-up bottom end is
not easy to spin - due primarily to the friction between the piston
rings and the freshly honed cylinders (the bearings should not be a big
contributor).  The crank should spin pretty easily by hand before the
pistons are installed.

John Dombey
'69 TR6