[6pack] OD doesn't disengage

Foster, Stan stan.foster at hp.com
Mon Sep 8 18:15:02 MDT 2008

Mike, one common cause especially with newly rebuilt units is the cone clutch
sticking. There was a case recently in another forum that I frequent where a
sharp whack on the brake band with a hammer freed it so that would be a simple
test for you to try if the OD sticks on and remains on when you stop.

Other causes could be faulty electrics but that should not persist after the
system is shut down and I think the A type has more convoluted set up
requirements that seem quite picky before the OD will engage and disengage
cleanly.

Lots of opinions about oil, I had my box and OD rebuilt by John Esposito a few
years ago and stick with his recommendation of non detergent 30W which I get
from the local NAPA.

http://www.quantumechanics.com/categories.php?op=newindex&catid=11

 Stan