[6pack] Need your opinions, please!

Greg Dito dito9561 at bellsouth.net
Mon May 26 18:12:01 MDT 2008

Frank,

This is a two-piece design of mine from several years back as I was rebuilding
the chassis and decided to put in a 'J' overdrive in my early chassis.  Of
course, welding in the brackets found on the later TR6 chassis would seem to
be the simpler route.  But at the time the chassis was already powdercoated
and pretty much assembled.  Thinking that the larger non-O/D trans mount
should be more robust, right or wrong,  I worked up a design that would allow
its use.  AS best as I can tell the height of the transmission is increased by
about 1/2 inch over non-O/D stock.  Shorter threaded studs replace the two
vertical ones at the tail end of the 'J' unit.

I thought of making this commercially available but over a couple of years the
unit price went though the roof and I could not commit the large sum of cash
needed for a quantity purchase that would bring the price down to a more
reasonable level.  So outside of my prototype it has otherwise sat in limbo.

Greg
CD6250L