[6pack] Need your opinions, please!

Ruffner, James A *HS JAR7U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Mon May 26 16:52:57 MDT 2008

First of all, there is no "true British Racing Green."  There are variations
on a theme.  TR-3s used a darker, more "flat" green (it includes some black
and yellow in the mixing code), MG used one with a more yellow hue, and the
Lotus cars used ones with even more yellow, thus the "lighter" green you
describe.

I repainted my TR-3A with a Jaguar dark metallic green, which Jag used in the
late 50s into the mid-60s.  It is a deep green with gold highlights when the
sun hits it just right. In terms of "greens" it is very close to that used by
Triumph in the 50s and early 60s, but it is metallic versus a flat green.  BMW
offers a very similar green on their Z3's and Z4's now.