[6pack] Need your opinions, please!

Greg Dito dito9561 at bellsouth.net
Mon May 26 13:13:35 MDT 2008

============================
     We often take our freedoms and way of life so much for granted.  So let
me take the opportunity to thank all of the men and women in our armed
forces, their families, and veterans for the dedication and sacrifice made
on behalf of this great country.  You all deserve much more than what is
often provided in support of you and your families. But the deepest respect,
pride and gratitude of the American people will never waver.  Let us
especially honor those who faced the gravest of dangers and bravely gave
their lives in service to the people of the United States of America.
Memorial Day is a solemn day for us to reflect on those sacrifices and say
"Thank you."
 ============================

Listers,

Without going into the aggravating 'how' and 'why' details I would greatly
appreciate opinions of fellow enthusiasts about the color of my freshly
painted tub.  The car is not being built to an original standard but I did
want a particular color that was representative of the traditional British
Racing Green.

Best laid plans were "Murphy-ized' and what I now have is an unusual color
for a 250 that I am heavily biased against because of what the expectation
was and my years of TR ownership.  I don't hate the color but everyone who
has seen the car, all non-enthusiasts who have no real basis for comparison,
thinks I'm crazy for considering repainting it, or at least attempting to
use a blue tinted clear to soften the green.  It does remind me of the
lighter racing green used by Lotus in the 50s, 60s and 70s.  All other body
panels are still in primer.

So, please take a look http://www.triumphowners.com/231 and give me your
valued opinions, be it "absolutely ghastly" or "too cool".   Right now I'm
on the fence.

Thank you all!

Greg Dito
CD6250L